1 large and often sumptuous tent [syn: pavilion]
2 permanent canopy over an entrance of a hotel etc. [syn: marquise]
The word marquee can refer to several things:
- A large tent, open-sided and installed outdoors for temporary functions
- Marquee, a song by Superchunk from their 1997 album Indoor Living
- Marquee Cinemas, a movie theater chain in the United States
- The Marquee Club, commonly called The Marquee, a famous rock club in London
- Marquee player, a top-tier athlete and major selling point of a team or league
- Marquee (sign), used in American English to mean a signage above a stage or movie theater or a sign that displays messages such as those used in front of churches and schools.
- Marquee tag, an HTML tag that makes text scroll across the page as if on a marquee
- Marquee (website) is a area at the top of a webpage (usually on a home page or a website section) that holds multi-media content such as graphics, videos, adobe flash or similar.
- The Marquee Theater, a concert venue in Phoenix, Arizona, US
- FactSet Marquee is a real-time news and quotes software application from FactSet Research Systems
- Marquee (club), a nightclub in Manhattan
- Marquee Records, a record label
- Marquee (screensaver), a screensaver from Microsoft Inc. for its Windows computers up to Windows XP